Monday, August 27, 2012

The Abortion Holocaust: Prologue!

Hello All,

I told y'all previously that I was going to write an abortion post specifically on the immorality of aborting fetuses conceived in rape. But I felt like such a post would be meaningless. Before I could discuss the issue of rape conception/abortion, I'd have to explain why I know that abortion is wrong.


So I'm going to be writing a multi-part series arguing against the evils of abortion and the rights of the unborn.

It's going to be epic

Now unless I change my mind while writing these posts, the order will go essentially like this:

  1. The Necessity of Government and Religion in the Abortion Debate
  2. The Fetus is a Living Being
  3. The Fetus is a Human Being
  4. Unalienable Human Rights
  5. Equality of Humanity, the Rights of the Fetus, and the Evil of Abortion
  6. Tough Cases: Rape, Incest, Life of the Mother 

Maybe after writing all of these I'll make a cool infographic or something, who knows.

Now I know a few of you (know-it-alls) may be complaining, "The Bigot obviously doesn't understand that the concept of human rights is a historically created and philosophically unsustainable concept!"

If that's what you're thinking, then take comfort in the fact that I agree with you; humans certainly do not have self-evident rights. But this blog series is for the benefit of those who subscribe to enlightenment philosophy, (i.e. most Americans) and therefore human rights will be central to the argument. So stop whining.

Now for those of you who are pregnant and considering abortion, or have an abortion in your past, I warn you that my future posts may seem cold and calculated. They are meant to discuss the logical and moral issues surrounding abortion, not to provide counseling or help. Do not look for that here. (though you can feel free to email or facebook message me). Look here instead:

For those who are pregnant and considering Abortion, here's a list of numbers that will give you support:
http://www.gabrielproject.com/contacts.htm

For those who have had a previous abortion (Catholic): http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/

For those who have had a previous abortion but are not Catholic: http://exhaleprovoice.org/after-abortion-support

In any case, I will have my first part posted soon and I look forward to the debate.

Hopefully it'll be more productive than this...


Sincerely,
The Bigot

No comments:

Post a Comment